Sunday, January 3, 2010

Wicked day!

Guess what? It's raining again!!
Amber and I were planning to go on the Manly ferry this morning before going to the Theatre, but it was such a grey day we chilled at Peg's instead.

At noon we were on the train making our way to Central for the short walk to the Capitol Theatre for Wicked. Amber has never been to a major production and I was so excited to see her reaction. I wasn't disapointed. From the moment we stepped into the ornate lobby to the end of the play she was awe struck. The stage was elaborate, performances good and the story had enough of a familiarity that we could both follow along easily. Every now and again she grabbed me to make sure I didn't miss the light changes or the flashing dragon's eyes. I am so glad we went.

We were both pretty tired after the performance so after a short walk through China Town we headed home and chilled some more. Amber is still suffering a bit of jet lag and we are heading camping tomorrow so good to rest.

I hope the rain subsides... keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!