Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tenterfield to Moree


Today I learnt to harness the information centres. First at Tenterfield I talked the wonderful manager who pointed me in the direction of the town's top attractions. These included the Railway museum where I met a delightful German born volunteer who showed me around and told me how she sometimes gives kids a whistle to blow to orchestrate the model railway inside the station... I also visited a maze and cafe in Tenterfield and was heartily welcomed.

On the road to Glen Innes where I met a wonderful aboriginal man called Fred at the information centre. His knowledge of the area was second to none and we chatted for ages!

next stop Inverell where Sandy plied me with brochures and promised to send information on all the town's events.

I arrived at Moree around 6.30pm NSW time and set up my tent. It didnt go a smoothly as yesterday and I was a little tired, but after frying up some sausages and relaxing with a glass of wine, things turned rosy. The caravan park has it's own mineral spring and five pools of different temperatures. I just got back from soaking my bones in each one... and chatting to fellow travellers...

Tomorrow off to Lightning Ridge with a hope to strike it rich in opals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!