Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Changes of plans

I was so excited when I woke... today I was going out to Montague Island. I called Amber in anticipation... and jinxed it! When I got to the dock, owner Daryl told me he had called the trip off due to weather.

The good news was, this gave me longer to meander towards Kiama so I stopped lots along the way and found Bodalla Dairy Shed, The Berry Treat Factory, the blow holes at Kiama (they weren’t blowing) and the Boneyard rocks... this is such a fascinating coast!

My campsite tonight is the best yet I am at East's in Kiama and I couldn’t get closer to the beach if I tried. There's even a palm tree just for effect. This caravan park has a pool, jumping pillow, kids wading area, lots of little bridges AND the beach. Now it’s a toss up...do I like Narooma best, or Kiama??? I think Narooma still take the cake... just. Tomorrow I drive to Sydney airport and leave the car there to fly home. I can’t wait to pick up Amber from school and start the next part of our journey! She is going to LOVE this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!